Saturday, October 16, 2010


apologies for my absence and so on and so forth...

things of late:
  • went home to memphis for fall breaking
  • celebrated my nineteenth birthday
  • recognized the final end of a very dear relationship
  • spent valuable time with my darling younger brother
  • saw my twin and felt at rest
  • sought rejuvenation
  • had incredible thrifting success
  • arrived "home" to jackson to begin this second semester



(from the poem because by alfin sa'at)
Because love is a drug for which you either secure the supply or learn to go cold turkey.

Because everything you did mattered to me, mattered too much, each breath you exhaled stirred a windchime, ripened an ember, rippled the skin of water.

Because when I told myself I would do anything for you I forgot the caveat: except wait indefinitely.

Because I would rather miss you like this than keep missing what I want you to be.

Because I leave behind a mark only moonlight could make visible, a transparent layer of skin, tomorrow’s dust

No comments:

Followers